Glacial Art Glass C232 Fuscia and Spring Green Ribbon Cane. Inspired by traditional Italian Glassblowing.
Made with 100% Bullseye glass, using special techniques to minimize heatwork and preserve compatibility with COE 90 glasses.
- Each hand-pulled 12" cane is 4 to 7 mm in diameter, consistent from end to end (less than 1mm variation in diameter for any single piece). Great for any project, they can be cut to just the right size.
- "Shorts" include 12 sections of 2 and 1/2 inches each.
- Samples include three 2 inch cane sections.
Samples and shorts may vay a bit more in diameter and twist frequency. These are great for smaller projects, or if you need a variety of thicknesses. Also, torchworkers can quickly heat and pull the cane thinner. Attach a mandrell or glass rod to each end and you are ready make thin twisties.
How To Use:
You can get a variety of fusing results by setting up your base glass differently. Try these techniques and others to find out what you like best:
- 6mm flat base (two layers of 3mm sheet). Place cane on top and full fuse.
- 3mm base. Place cane on top with 6mm glass rod sections filling the spaces between. Full fuse.
- Use sheet glass strips instead of 6mm rod to fill the space between canes. Full Fuse.
- Single 3mm sheet base. Place the cane on top and full fuse.
Techniques No. 2 and 3 are recommended for Ribbon Cane (C200 series cane)
Any technique is recommended for Streamer Cane (C300 series) but results will vary with each technique.